Shine’s engineering team
Engineering at Shine is about product before anything else. We build the most reliable, scalable and user focused code to insure the best experience possible to our community (freelancers, professionals and SMBs).
In terms of organization, to ensure real impact and ownership for all our tech team members, our 50 engineers are divided into 5 tribes: our platform team is handling the underwater (backend, cloud, DevOps) while the 4 product teams are dedicated on creating new features for our core products. ✨
Each product tribe focuses on a large scope (for instance: client acquisition, user experience or banking subjects) and includes different squads composed of 5 software engineers. Everyone works as full stack engineers, on a manageable scale and directly with the product & design team: So that everyone can challenge and have a great impact on the project!
We’re now looking for our future Engineering Manager to take the lead of one of our squad, bring guidance to the team and strategy to our product roadmap.
You'll be joining at a very special time:
- Growth stage of the company
- Large ambitions and lots of innovations to explore and build
- The opportunity to help shape and develop our product culture
Regarding our stack, our infrastructure is organized in microservices and cloud functions. We are using React, React Native, Node, Typescript, GraphQL, CircleCI, GithubActions, Kibana, Docker, GCP
Engineering Manager in a product squad means 👋
- Hiring, mentoring and leading a 3-5 SE team
- Synchronizing with other teams to identify and prioritize product development initiatives, and guide the implementation of new features and functionality
- Guiding the team in their career development and personal growth
- Participating in the drafting of the roadmap and ensure the on-time delivery in collaboration with the product team
- Creating a reliable and consistent code to insure our technical scale and having a strong impact on Shine’s architecture by proposing new implementations
Your time will be split between managing your team (70%) and development (30%).
It's a match if 🤝
- You have experience in managing or leading a team, making them grow while ensuring their well-being
- You have a strong knowledge in clean code and clean architecture
- You demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- You want to be a humble mentor and a trusted advisor for the team
- You are enthusiastic about teamwork and want to learn as much as you want to teach
- You are passionate about developing products
- You give a lot of attention to details in your work
- You stick to Shine’s values 💛
- You can understand this job description and work in English (Shine’s team is international!)
Life at Shine ✨
Working at Shine is being a part of a great human experience in a company driven by amazing values toward people and ecological matters.
We do believe that caring is not only about giving autonomy, responsibility and encouraging proactivity. That’s why we offer:
🏠 A flexible and remote-friendly environnement: work from our stunning Paris office or from home (in France and in some European countries). Shine takes care of a furniture leasing to help you settle in at home or a coworking space near you
💰 A transparent salary grid : 70K€-90K€+ depending on your experience and personal situation
👩💻 1 freelancing day per month. The perfect occasion to put yourself in a Shine’s user’s shoes
👪 A second parent leave extended to 8 weeks + 3 days of parental leave for sick child
💚 Healthcare program 100% covered by Shine for you and your family, including psychological support and many resources for taking care of your mental health
🎶 Culture budget : 275€ per year to buy books or listen to music (Spotify, Deezer …)
🤸 Sport pack: 300€ per year to subscribe to gym, participate in sport competitions … Take care of yourself!
🚴♂️ Bike + transport : Refund of your fees, on jump seats like on bike paths!
👩⚖️ Unlimited subscription to a network of dedicated lawyers to support you through Ekie
☀️ 8-10 days of RTT for everyone!
🏝 1% salary bonus in June to enjoy your Holiday
💵 A Shadow Shares program corresponding to 12.5% of your annual gross remuneration
You wonder about our hiring process ?
1️⃣ A 45’ first call with Annaïg, our tech talent acquisition specialist, to get to know each other and tell you more about Shine.
2️⃣ A 60’ discussion with your future Manager, to talk about your tech experiences.
3️⃣ A 60’ peer-programming exercise to test your technical knowledge and communication skills + a 45’ cultural interview to give you more context about Shine’s values.
4️⃣ An immersion day for you to understand Shine’s culture, meet the team and introduce our tech with a business case.
Poster une annonce 100% télétravail
Vous recrutez en télétravail?
Ciblez des milliers de travailleurs remote en postant sur le 1er site d'annonces full-remote en France!