Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
The launch of Soroban, the new smart contracts platform designed to work well with Stellar, brings a wealth of opportunity for innovation, and when you join SDF as a Developer Evangelist, you will be a part of a team that's leveraging that opportunity to increase developer participation in order to bootstrap the ecosystem of tools, protocols, dApps, and educational resources necessary for Soroban to succeed.Â You will design, develop, and maintain programs to grab developer attention, to attract and motivate early adopters, and to show the world what's possible when native smart contracts meet Stellar's unparalleled access.Â Â
In this role, you will:Â
- Develop and execute strategies and programs for attracting new developers to experiment with Soroban and Stellar
- Create course material, tutorials, talks, and other content to educate, onboard, and engage developers, and encourage community developers to do the same.
- Host workshops, meetups, and other in-person and/or virtual events to bring new developers into the ecosystem, and to make them excited to experiment with Soroban
- Drive participation in existing developer-facing programs, such as Stellar Quest, Sorobanathon, and the Stellar Community Fund
- Seek out devs in other ecosystems for whom Soroban may be a good fit, and build relationships to bring them into the ecosystem
- 3+ years of professional experience in developer relations, developer marketing, or engineering
- Practical experience with WASM- or EVM-based smart contract developmentÂ
- A passion for technology, and the ability to articulate technical concepts to diverse audiences
- A strong desire to build things and explain how they work, and a portfolio to prove it
- Poise, presence, and experience with public speaking
Bonus Points if:
- You love Rust
- You've written and deployed smart contracts on multiple blockchain networks
- You know your way around blockchain analytics
- You have a history of participation in the Stellar ecosystem
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $94,500 - $144,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the worldâs financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 7 million accounts.Â Â Â
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the worldâs financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellarâs codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the worldâs economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Please mention the word **EXCEEDS** and tag RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4yMTA= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4yMTA=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!