Senior Engineering Manager, Backend (Online Storage)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with the goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering Manager with a track record of leading and growing high-performing engineering teams. The Online Storage team provides a set of managed databases as a platform, used to persist data for all Affirm services. Our platform automates operations and development on services on top of storage systems like AWS Aurora (MySQL), DynamoDB, and S3. As a team, we are responsible for various data and access patterns, including but not limited to mission-critical financial transactional data, data science models, and any new persistence use case requiring us to learn and gain deep expertise in various database systems.
Affirm is growing fast and we want you to enable us to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It's going to be an amazing ride!
As a manager for the Online Storage team, you will combine a strong understanding of application architecture, smooth developer experiences and fast-paced execution to deliver a powerful self-serve system to help Affirm scale easily. This will need you to apply a customer-centric approach across the engineering organization to help the team craft and execute on a long-term roadmap.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Online Storage infrastructure team, you will collaborate with other teams - including product, infrastructure, and site reliability engineering(SRE) to:
- Develop a team of engineers responsible for building frameworks, systems and tools to enable new Affirm products with business requirements that scale over millions of users, their transactions and secure data!
- Provide technical leadership in building systems for efficient underwriting and fighting fraud are for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution.
- Work with multiple tech leads, technical program managers and product managers on security, tools, architecture, planning and delivery of multiple concurrent projects.
- Work with internal teams to build out our fast growing analytics data infrastructure.
- Work multi-functionally across the engineering organization as well as with internal and external partners.
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, recruit and represent Affirm's hiring brand.
- Manage a team of 4 engineers and help build out the team as we continue our growth in Poland
What We look For
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in running diverse engineering teams.
- 5-15 years of software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experienced knowledge of a dynamically typed language -- we primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies.
- Solid CS fundamentals and hands on coding skills.
What you'll learn
Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust. In this role, you'll understand the exciting challenges of helping a fast-growing company move towards a service-oriented architecture - diving into the scaling and availability challenges of infrastructural components that are the fundamental building blocks of a large scale system. You'll hone your ability to anticipate and recognize how to apply different technologies to solve a wide array of real world problems across the organization - all while building teams and working cross functionally with hardworking peers.
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 30,175 - 37,716 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire. We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We're extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!