Shine’s Engineering team
Engineering at Shine is about product before anything else. We build the most reliable, scalable and user focused code to insure the best experience possible to our community, small businesses and entrepreneurs.
This coming year will be special for Shine. We aim to grow the product and technical teams (60 people at the moment) to fuel the ambition to build the best product & customer experience and position Shine as a key actor on the banking pro market.
To ensure real impact and ownership for our 60 engineers, we defined 4 product tribes responsible to create new features on large scopes (client acquisition, user experience, administrative copilot, and banking subjects).
We are seeking an experienced and people-oriented Director of Engineering to help Shine build and structure these product tribes over the next few years. This role has two main ambitions:
- working closely with the product team to translate user needs into tangible engineering objectives,
- building a healthy team culture that values open collaboration, continuous learning and development in the engineering team.
On a daily basis, you will collaborate with Arnaud (our VP Engineering), Bruno (VP Product) and Shine’s engineering managers.
Regarding our stack, we are using React, React Native, Node, Typescript, GraphQL.
But also : CircleCI, GithubActions, Kibana, Docker, GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Develop and implement solutions architecture and design for our software solutions, ensuring they meet customer needs and are scalable and efficient,
- Oversee the technical support provided by the Product Engineering teams to ensure timely and effective resolution of customer issues,
- Identify and alleviate potential technical and product-related risks,
- Lead and manage the Product Engineering teams, providing guidance and support to ensure high-quality delivery of software solutions and technical support,
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Sales and Product Development, to understand business objectives and ensure alignment with solutions architecture and design,
- Work closely with the TA team to recruit and build a shiny technical brand,
- Provide leadership by example, setting standards for technical excellence and rigor, and building an environment with high expectations aligned with Shine values.
It's a match if 🤝
- You have significant and high level managerial experience as well as excellent strategic thinking skills,
- You have experience in managing several technical squads in a fast-paced environment,
- You are interested in recruitment and communication topics and have had a lot of impact on this in your previous experience (we can’t wait to discuss it with you!),
- You have an excellent understanding of infrastructure, development experience, technical debt and security issues,
- You stick to Shine’s values and CSR policy 💛
- You can work in English: Shine’s team is International!
Life at Shine ✨
However, we do believe that caring is not only about giving autonomy, responsibility, and encouraging proactivity. That's why we offer:
- 💰 A fair and transparent salary: between 98 and 130K€ for this position, depending on your seniority, your number of dependents and your location.
- 🏆 A Shadow Shares program covering 12.5% of your gross annual salary, as well as a profit-sharing bonus equivalent to 7.5% of your gross annual salary.
- 🏠 A flexible and remote-friendly environment: you can work from anywhere you like in Europe and benefit from a 550€ monthly budget to come to the office in Paris.
- 👩💻 1 freelancing day per month. The perfect occasion to put yourself in a Shine’s user’s shoes (Shine premium is offered to help ofc).
- 👪 A second parent leave extended to 8 weeks + 3 days of parental leave for sick child.
- 💚 Healthcare program 100% covered by Shine for you and your family.
- 🎶 Culture budget: 275€ per year to buy books or listen to music (Spotify, Deezer…).
- 🤸 Sport pack: 300€ per year to subscribe to gym, sport competitions...
- ☀️ ~35 days of holidays for everyone, including 8 to 12 RTT days/year.
- 🏝 1% salary bonus in June to enjoy your holiday.