Lead Production Software Engineer (part-time is possible)
SumUp enables businesses to get paid easily, process orders quickly, sell online instantly and manage their money more efficiently. SumUp creates the tools businesses need to make their business and their customer experience thrive!
In the ‘Point of Sale Lite’ team, we help small merchants facilitate their in-store operations and bring them closer to their customers. We make it easy for them to run their business with features like our Product Catalog, Inventory Management, Business Analytics, Compliance Support, Loyalty Features, and more.
As the Lead Production Software Engineer in POS Lite at SumUp, you’ll create and maintain the tooling development teams need to succeed operationally as they build and run their services. You will do that together with a Production Software Engineer whom you will lead and support in their personal development.
As a Production Engineering Specialist, you’ll work shoulder to shoulder with the engineers in POS Lite. You will mentor and coach them on production engineering topics and collaborate with the central Platform team.
We’re building a diverse team with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds, so we especially encourage folks from underrepresented groups to apply – your unique perspective is just as important to us as your technical skills.
This role is also possible to be done part-time, from a minimum of 24 hrs/week.
What you’ll do:
- Move up and down the software stack, writing both application and infrastructure-level code
- Advocate for operational discipline (performance, reliability and security in the services we provide)
- Enjoy both teaching and learning on the job
- Lead another Production Software Engineer in their daily work and personal development
- Participate in regular on-call rotation for production incident response
- Love pair-programming (even if you don't do it all the time)
- Reduce complexity and cognitive overhead in systems and services
- Bring clarity to deeply technical topics when addressing stakeholders
- Have a good sense of humor about yourself and your work
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You approach your colleagues with deep empathy and respect
- You prioritize your work with the end customer in mind
- You feel comfortable with test-driven infrastructure, distributed tracing, monitoring, and defining SLOs
- You’re familiar with analytics techniques for understanding constantly-shifting production environments
- You are proficient in JVM languages like Java/Kotlin and/or Golang
- You are familiar with AWS, Kubernetes, and Infrastructure-as-Code
- You feel comfortable in an environment with a high rate of change
- You manage your own time & priorities and help your direct reports to do so as well
- You commit to "outcomes", not "outputs"
It’s a plus if you’ve got prior experience with:
- GitHub Actions
- Security and/or Compliance-as-Code
- Safe shell scripting practice
- Service meshes and their kin
Why you should join SumUp:
🌍 We are open to remote work (within the EU), hybrid, or on-site in Berlin. Just let us know what works for you.
📚 A dedicated annual Learning & Development budget for attending conferences and/or advancing your career through further education.
🚀 Enrollment onto our virtual stock ownership program - you will own a stake in SumUp’s future success.
👩🏼💻 The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of businesses around the world.
💶 A corporate pension scheme where we match up to 20% of your contributions.
🚵🏾♂️ Numerous other benefits such as Urban Sports Club subsidy, Kita placement assistance, relocation assistance, subsidized office lunches and RYDE Mobility benefits.
If you do not fit 100% of the requirements then we would still love to hear from you! Studies show that people from some demographics are less likely to apply if they do not match 100% of the requirements and we believe that whilst some areas are crucial, great people can pick up skills quickly.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!