Software Engineer - Web Browser SDK
Datadog’s Real User Monitoring (RUM) gives our customers end-to-end visibility into the real-time activity and experience of individual users, on the web and on mobile. This includes application performance, error management, as well as analytics & user insights. RUM is massively growing: More customers, more features & more people! And this growth comes with challenges.
By joining our Browser SDK team, you will be part of a multicultural team, remote-friendly. You will collaborate with the product, backend, and frontend UI teams. You will play an active role in building the library installed by our customers in their applications.
In order to maintain the trust we’ve built with our many customers, you will need to be comfortable building robust, very well architected and isolated code that works in very different environments and setups. We expect that you are completely familiar with the Web browserecosystem and the specific security and privacy challenges that exist. Your SDK code must be safe and robust in this complex environment. In order to build trust with our customers, you need to be comfortable building robust, very well architected and isolated code that works all the time.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Write new modules and component, used across the world by our customers, having ownership and maintaining them
- Relly on your knowledge of the Web browser ecosystem and the specific security and privacy challenges that exist, actively follow innovations in the field
- Write code in the public eye, being the face of Datadog inside the community.Code is open source (link to github repo), You will need to review and sometimes be the primary author of documentation for the APIs and code that you produce.
- Work closely with with the product, backend, and frontend UI teams to deliver the best-in-class browser RUM product
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
Who You Are:
- You value code simplicity and performance
- You have strong experience with the browser APIs, and ecosystem. You are comfortable debugging complex issues in a variety of browsers.
- Having experience developing commercially shipped SDKs is a plus.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering challenges at scale
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!