UX Engineer with a Passion for Investing
Variant Perception is a small investment team creating research and insights for sophisticated investors. We are known for building predictive models with innovative techniques. Our investment process is based on first principles thinking with empirical verification. We study history to understand how financial markets work and build systematic models using these insights.
We are looking for a UX Engineer to perfect our user interface. We need someone who can empathise with investors, understand their ideal workflow, and implement improvements: from UI components to cloud functions. Formal experience in finance is helpful but a passion for investing is key.
Your role on the team
- You will begin by implementing features and improvements relating to user preferences, recommendations, and user interactions. Our âresearch portalâ is implemented in Typescript, Nextjs, and uses Firebase/GCP services extensively.
- You will have a critical influence on style and design. Good design means usability, simplicity, and elegance. Investing is already hard enough. We want to remove cognitive load from users and create intuitive interactions that provide them with actionable insights.
- Our quant team builds dashboards and web apps that cater to specific investor needs. The apps are embedded in the research portal. You will help design and productionize these apps.
- Our end goal is to build natural language interfaces for our data, charts, and research insights. You will be a key contributor to this effort, alongside our data engineering team.
- Ultimately, we want someone entrepreneurial to take ownership of the client facing product and help us build a better investing platform.
Are you a good fit?
You care deeply about user experience. You want to leverage technology to create happy and productive users.
You must believe it's possible to build predictive models for markets. If you believe in efficient markets, you will not like this job or our mission.
We have big goals for our team and rely on each other to achieve them. To be successful at VP you must be self-motivated, have trust in teammates, be forgiving of mistakes, be open-minded and above all enjoy figuring out problems, often from scratch.
To build the best platform we must experiment with new ideas and technologies. You should enjoy continuous learning.
Our team is fully remote, with in-person offsites twice a year.
Please mention the word **COVENANT** and tag RNDQuMjA0LjEyNy44Nw== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNDQuMjA0LjEyNy44Nw==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
RemoteFR t'aide à trouver ton prochain job 100% remote : Crée ton profil