Shine’s Engineering team
At Shine, we build the pro account that changes the daily banking and administrative life of business owners (freelancers, professionals, SMBs). The FinTech market is one of the most challenging, so we need to build the most reliable, scalable and user-focused code to insure the best experience possible to our community, as well as a robust architecture to keep growing.
To ensure real impact and ownership for our 60 engineers, they are divided into 6 Tribes:
- The 4 Product teams create fresh new features on large scopes (client acquisition, user experience, administrative copilot, and banking subjects).
- The Platform team handles the underwater (Cloud infrastructure, DevOps, Core APIs, developer tools).
- The Data team designs efficient data pipelines (Data Engineering, Science and Analysis).
Regarding our stack, our architecture is organized in microservices and cloud functions, and we are using React, React Native, Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Kibana, Docker, GCP.
In the context of Shine’s scaling, we decided this year to split the Platform tribe into 3 squads, each focusing on specific aspects:
- Infrastructure/Cloud (infra-as-code, networks, observability)
- Core Services (authorization, authentification, Shine Connect…)
- Developer Experience (internal tools, documentation, CI/CD)
Joining our Platform team means 👋
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you would help us shape our new Core Services squad, which will be responsible for building and maintaining Shine’s technical foundations and common core tools, with a focus on reliability, quality standards and on the end users (whether Shine’s developers, clients, or partners).
Here are missions in which you will be involved:
- Maintaining our authentication service, making sure it scales properly with our growing needs.
- Taking care of our Shine Connect platform, making sure it is reliable for partners and easy to use for the other developers.
- Getting developers contributing to core services to follow the best practices (reviews, pair programming, mentoring).
- Having a strong impact on Shine’s architecture by proposing new implementations.
- Ensuring that Shine's core services follow the best security standards.
It's a match if 🤝
- You have expertise with microservices architectures and Cloud services concepts.
- You have a good knowledge of software engineering best practices and tech architecture at scale.
- You have already worked on subjects similar to ours (e.g., authentication, authorization, API for external partners, DSP2 standards).
- You want to learn as much as you want to teach, and you are enthusiastic about teamwork.
- You give a lot of attention to details in your work.
- You stick to Shine’s values 💛
Life at Shine ✨
However, we do believe that caring is not only about giving autonomy, responsibility, and encouraging proactivity. That's why we offer:
- 💰 A fair and transparent salary: between 70 and 90K€ for this position, depending on your level (column “Software engineer”, level E or F), your seniority, your number of dependents and your location.
- 🏆 A Shadow Shares program covering 12.5% of your gross annual salary, as well as a profit-sharing bonus equivalent to 7.5% of your gross annual salary.
- 🏠 A flexible and remote-friendly environment: you can work from anywhere you like in Europe and benefit from a 550€ monthly budget to come to the office in Paris.
- 👩💻 1 freelancing day per month. The perfect occasion to put yourself in a Shine’s user’s shoes (Shine premium is offered to help ofc).
- 👪 A second parent leave extended to 8 weeks + 3 days of parental leave for sick child.
- 💚 Healthcare program 100% covered by Shine for you and your family.
- 🎶 Culture budget: 275€ per year to buy books or listen to music (Spotify, Deezer…).
- 🤸 Sport pack: 300€ per year to subscribe to gym, sport competitions...
- ☀️ ~35 days of holidays for everyone, including 8 to 12 RTT days/year.
- 🏝 1% salary bonus in June to enjoy your holiday.
You wonder about our hiring process?
1️⃣ A 45’ first call with Mathieu (Talent Acquisition Specialist - Tech), to get to know each other and tell you more about Shine.
2️⃣ A 60’ exchange with Olivier (Engineering Manager - Platform), about your tech experiences and the position we are offering.