The UOC ( Universitat Oberta de Catalunya ) is an innovative university that is rooted in Catalonia and open to the world. It offers people lifelong learning to help them and society advance, while carrying out research into the knowledge society.
The UOC wants to be a university that, by being connected to the network of the worldâs universities, drives the creation of a global knowledge space and cutting-edge research in the knowledge society. The UOC has an innovative educational model that focuses on the student. The University offers them a top quality and personalized education that helps them to be more competitive and contributes to the progress of society.
The UOC is looking to hire affiliated teaching staff for the academic year 2023/2024
Affiliated teaching staff need to have experience and currently be employed in their field. The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya needs professionals whose main professional activity is linked to the position they are applying for, enabling them to provide a quality service. Therefore, applicants must have a main professional activity that they will maintain alongside their work as affiliated teaching staff.
Course instructors for the following courses of the degree of Techniques for Software Application Development:
- Introduction to databases
- Distributed software architecture and development
- Electronic commerce
Based in an online learning environment, course instructors introduce, guide, plan, stimulate, focus, motivate and tie together students' learning processes with a proactive approach. They provide teaching assistance to students both individually and collectively, monitoring their learning over the course of the semester. They address students' doubts, offer examples and further explanations, stimulate debates, encourage participation in forums, and provide personalized feedback to help students' learning processes. Course instructors may also engage in other activities related to the creation of learning resources.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a closely related field.
- Teaching, research and/or professional experience in the area of knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in English at a C2 level or equivalent (the course is taught completely in English)
- The candidate will need to provide a cover letter in English.
- Having a separate main line of work is an indispensable requirement for the selection process .
- PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Proven experience in e-learning environments (e.g.: Moodle or any other LMS)
- English as a native language
- Professional experience in software development
- Research in learning/teaching programming
Interested candidates should visit the Join our team section website for more information:
To take part in the selection process, you need to register as a candidate in the join our team/Affiliated teaching staffÂ section. Once registered, you can apply from the candidate area.
End of application period: 8 Nov. 2023. No CVs will be accepted after 11:59 p.m. (Madrid time) of the preceding day.
Contact us:Â firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the word **UNDERSTANDABLE** and tag RNTQuMjAyLjI1Mi44MA== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTQuMjAyLjI1Mi44MA==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
RemoteFR t'aide à trouver ton prochain job 100% remote : Crée ton profil