An increasing number of dev teams in SaaS companies are relying on Skyscrapers. To scale along our Expert Circle is on the look-out for a remote undefined Solution Architect to join them.
What does the job look like?
Together with your other colleagues in the Experts Circle (more on this structure here), you lead in shaping and delivering what we call "opinionated expertise" around SaaS architectures, undefined and cloud platforms like AWS and Azure. Youâll be working closely with our (future and existing) customers' technical leads, developers and architects. Furthermore your expertise is fed by the research you do, the customer challenges you explore and the solutions you provide, prototype and roll-out. You help shape the developer-platform blueprint that we have, called our âReference Solutionâ, which is based on AWS/Azure services, Kubernetes and a bunch of open source software.
Existing customers depend on you for sparring, for help with designing and building new services and learning about undefined and Cloud Native concepts and best practices. Sales will rely on you to help out with finding the right path to a solution, to help make plans and to onboard new SaaS customers. The world will learn from you through workshops and other content.
Depending on your specific skills, expertise and growth ambitions, you will do any combination of the following (we'll figure that out with you):
- Create Statements-of-Work and Prepare work backlogs for new projects
- Do Proof-of-Concepts, research new platform features and explore exotic use cases for our Reference Solution
- Design and shape our Reference Solution on a product management level
- Create a roadmap for the team on both technical and strategic levels
- Do developer-oriented Kubernetes Workshops, do sparring sessions with developers, guide and support workload migrations
- Help debug non-urgent, complex workload issues, and respond to advanced support questions
- Help in project planning and guarding technical context within projects
- Perform cost optimisation reviews to maximise cost savings for our customersâ cloud resources
- Act as a pre-sales engineer in commercial conversations with customers along with our sales team
- From time-to-time (every so many weeks) participate in a (low incident) on-call rotation
Skills and expertise we think we need
- You have a consultative/guiding/curious nature
- You need to be able to figure out and understand the real WHY behind the needs and tech, and propose the best path forward
- Being able to critically analyse customers requirements and requests to propose the best path forward according to cloud-native standards and best practices
- Be opinionated on how to do cloud and undefined things in a SaaS context, but be open to new/different ideas and be able to adjust accordingly
- Have great writing and communication skills and the ability to deliver your expertise and solutions in clear ways
- AWS experience is a requirement. Azure knowledge is a bonus
- Kubernetes experience is a must, specifically conceptual understanding of Kubernetes, its use cases, and operating workloads on it
- Experience in consulting or (solutions, application, cloud) architecting is a bonus
- The more experience you have in any category that we are active in, the better. This is anything from undefined practices, (SaaS) cloud and application architectures, containerisation, application and data migrations, etc
- Having advanced knowledge in one or more of these areas (security, CI/CD, observability, DR/BC, FinOps, database performance optimisation)
- Having an AWS certification, a CNCF certification or any other relevant Cloud/undefined certification is a plus
Within 4 hours of GMT
Respect, honesty and transparency are important values to us
A mindset of continuous improvement: for yourself as a person, for the things we do and figure out and for the team you work in
Open mindset and willing to give AND receive feedback
Take responsibility and ownership in the roles and tasks you carry
Compensation and benefits
For this role we're looking at a yearly compensation of between â¬ 50K and â¬ 120K, depending on your experience, seniority, statute and location of living.
Check out ourÂ hiring pagefor more information on how we determine compensation.
What else do we offer you?
So much! remote working, flexible work-times, personal development through our resident personal coach and so on. Too much to list here. Check out theÂ hiring pageÂ for details.
Note: we don't provide visa sponsorships
Please mention the word **MODERN** and tag RMzQuODIuMTUxLjY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuODIuMTUxLjY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
RemoteFR t'aide à trouver ton prochain job 100% remote : Crée ton profil