Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
You will join the Federated Data Network team which is responsible for providing actionable data to power AI-driven biomedical research. We aim to design, build and scale the reference multimodal data network for collaborative biomedical research and collective clinical discovery, connecting and bringing together scattered and siloed data and expertise across the world in a secure and efficient way. We are looking for an engineering manager to lead delivery of a group of product development squads.
In particular, you will:
- Be responsible for the integrated delivery of a set of related software components of the Federated Data Network (build + operate)
- Work in partnership with Product Managers to define and maintain product goals
- Leadership and oversight of a group of development squads of Software and Machine Learning engineers (15 - 20 engineers)
- Be the line management of the Team Leads from the group (2-4 Team Leads)
- Manage delivery of software build and maintenance projects with outsourced partners
- Report to and negotiate with multi-disciplinary stakeholders
- Oversee the component deployment and integration aiming at continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Operate within service levels of availability and business continuity
- Refine and improve performance measurement including cost
- Work with Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) on infrastructure requirements
- Prioritize and resolve support, security and maintenance issues in a timely manner
- Plan and deliver in a timely manner
- Allocate engineering effort and other resources to deliver product goals and objectives
- Facilitate in-team and inter-team discussions
- Influence wider product development
- As required, deputize for the VP of engineering
Position is based in our Paris or Nantes offices or remotely.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Background as a Software Engineer
- Proven experience in managing several teams and working with infrastructure teams
- Experience managing budgets and costs
- Experience in recruiting internal and external resources
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- An adaptable, collaborative leadership style
- Growth mindset
- Commercial awareness
- Willingness to mentor reports and other less experienced colleagues
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Delivery of research and scientific computing or machine learning use cases
- Delivery of highly interactive quantitative and visual user experience
- Full stack web-based or otherwise networked applications
- Implementing secure and scalable data management systems including backup and recovery
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- Notify Owkin's recruitment unit at this address firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact the following authorities:
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!