Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 700 people, powering operations in 17 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of 963,226 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
The Frontend Engineer Chapter is composed of 32 passionate frontends and its mission is to scale & elevate Back Market web application(s) for our customers, merchant & staff.
The Frontend Chapter focus is:
- Suitable(s) and maintainable(s) frameworks to fit the BackMarket business needs (now & future).
- Smooth & Fast time to production. Having more ownership of the code shipped & a much better velocity.
- Improving our resiliency & quality, in order to live Black Fridays as any other day at Back Market.
- Improving the product quality & ability to iterate on it (data-driven & fast pace product testing).
We aim to empower users to find the right products & services on Back Market. This means helping our customers to discover, understand, trust & love Back Market, encouraging them to explore our catalog through seamless browsing flows and promoting tailored content.
The Frontend Chapter is therefore very customer-facing and driven by the user experience. As a Principal Engineer, you will have a key transversal and very impactful role across all the chapter's teams. You will help all the front-end engineers to accomplish their best work and bring beautifully crafted experiences to our customers.
Your expertise is deep and broad. You are able to navigate between hands-on and hands-off work, producing both high-quality code and architectural designs. You strive for simplicity and understand the cost of building and maintaining software.
What you will be doing:
What you will bring to the team :
Recruitment process :
- Call with Yann one of our tech talent acquisition specialist senior
- Technical Screening - 30mns code review
- Tech Interview - 2h with two Engineers from the Tech Team
- Team Fit interview with your Manager
- Back Market Values fit interview
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
RemoteFR t'aide à trouver ton prochain job 100% remote : Crée ton profil