Full-stack Senior Software Engineer
Our job everyday is to protect the data and critical assets of businesses world-wide by discovering hidden vulnerabilities… before the bad guys do!
At CybelAngel, we see beyond perimeters to protect businesses from the most critical cybersecurity threats. Fortune 500 Global to mid-size companies world-wide, trust CybelAngel’s global team of approximately 200 team members to protect their businesses from digital threats. With a combination of advanced machine learning, cyber analysis expertise, and a powerful suite of software solutions, CybelAngel detects and resolves our clients potential threats, long before they can fall into the hands of cyber criminals.
Our capabilities expand every day to uncover new risks, detect more threats, protect more clients, and create new possibilities for our employees.
With offices in Boston, Paris, and London, CybelAngel’s global footprint allows for a thriving hybrid, office and remote-work environment. We are looking for exceptional ‘go-getters’ who share our ambitious vision, innovative culture, high commitment to ethics, and enthusiasm for being the best possible place to work!
- Be Bold
- Be Curious
- Stronger Together
The Product & Engineering organization at CybelAngel is about 50 people, grouped into 10 specialized teams, from product managers to support agents, from infrastructure experts to data scientists.
Three of these teams are focused on building the web applications and underlying services that are used by our in-house security analysts, external partners and clients to handle and remediate cybersecurity threats.
We are looking for talented senior software engineers who will help CybelAngel build the next generation of those web applications using modern technologies and design principles.
The 3 teams together share a wide functional scope which comprises dedicated web apps such as:
- tools for investigating and remediating cyber-security threats
- dashboards to help our clients get a sense of their exposition to risks
- APIs for partners to plug into our workflows
- specialized panels to fine-tune our threat detection technologies
Each team is fullstack. They are able to decide and operate on the whole stack ranging from infrastructure to visual appearance, through data models, APIs and business logic, with guidance from more specialized teams when needed (eg. SRE, Product Design).Missions as a software engineer
All software engineers routinely:
- design, implement and deploy new product features ;
- review and test code written by their teammates ;
- monitor applications running in production ;
- investigate incidents and fix bugs ;
- take part in the daily life of their team.
In addition, senior software engineers do their best to make their team better. More specifically, they:
- inspire junior engineers by being exemplary ;
- pair on difficult tasks with less-knowledgeable engineers ;
- improve practices to speed-up development ;
- identify major technical improvements to be pursued ;
- promote attention to product quality.
At CybelAngel, senior software engineers are also expected to take the technical leadership of projects and bring them to completion with the help of their teammates. In this regard, they:
- understand the wider context of projects ;
- design target technical architectures accordingly ;
- share technical specifications (for important projects, we write internal RFCs), plan milestones and pave the way for their teammates ;
- take responsibility for delivering features on time and at the correct level of quality ;
- communicate with stakeholders on technical constraints, estimated workload, potential delays and their workarounds.
- Front-end: VueJS/VueX, Vuetify, TypeScript
- Back-end:: Python, Flask
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Infrastructure: GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Gitlab CI, Datadog.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Significant contribution to a large web app, both on front and back ends.
- Solid experience with back-end development (ideally with Python).
- Understanding of web-related security risks (or willing to learn).
- A fullstack & devops mindset.
- Writes and speaks english.
- Cares about the final products and users.
- Gets things done with pragmatism.
- Questions the status-quo when necessary.
- Communicates efficiently with others.
- Knows how to deal with disagreements.
Our Product & Engineering Culture
🗃️ Small teams & short iterations
🤝 Culture of sharing, pair and mod programming, when it makes sense
👩🎨 Quality time dedicated to technical design
🧙♂️Half the software engineers have over 10 years of experience
🎒 Voyager Program to change team temporarily and discover how they work #becurious
✌️ Cooldown week dedicated to learning and experimenting
🤼 Whole team buildings each semester #strongertogether
📍 Remote options from everywhere in France or neighboring countries (but you can come to our amazing office near Parc Monceau whenever you want, and it's paid by the company up to once a month)
💰 Salary range: 55-70k euros based on your level of seniority and competencies you will demonstrate during the hiring process
🏦 5% bonus, based on company and individual performances
💸 Stock options for every employee
🍱 Debit card for paying for lunch, with company contribution.
💛 Very friendly and benevolent atmosphere with parties (CEO is an ex-DJ), sport sessions, board games nights, music band…
🌍 Green team
🥓 Free English Courses
🏋🏾♀️ Class Pass credits for your gym sessions
90% of our People recommend CybelAngel
92% are happy with the work life balance at CybelAngel
Your hiring journey
- 30’ call with Pierre, recruiter to make sure expectations from both ends have a good chance to match.
- 60' call with Yoann, Engineering Director, to evaluate skills and culture fit
- 120’ call with two teammates to explore and discuss a practical situation
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!