Senior DevOps Engineer - Global Bank Tribe
SumUp enables businesses to get paid easily, process orders quickly, sell online instantly and manage their money more efficiently. We create the tools businesses need to make their business and their customer experience thrive!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer in the Global Bank tribe, you’ll play a key part in helping us build SumUp's own digital bank. You’ll be responsible for building and setting reliable, secure, and easy-to-use toolings to support and empower our developer’s team. Helping them with reliability and scalability will also be part of your day. In this way, you’ll contribute to improving our customer's banking experience. We use modern technologies, techniques and patterns and invest deeply in our product vision and execution to ensure we are delivering the best possible banking solution to our merchants.
Our main tools are: AWS, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform, PostgreSQL.
We're looking for someone who's excited about tackling automation complexity and collaborating with other engineers. The context of unifying different infrastructure and teams working in SumUp Bank, allows you to be a part of decision making and shaping the future of the platform. Therefore we are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership of their work and mentoring others in adopting a mature DevOps culture.Please note, this role is open for remote within EU.
What you’ll be doing
- Having ownership of different projects and capability to identify the impact of the work
- Closely working with the development team to improve the rollout and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid and constant growth.
- Acting as DevOps culture sower, enabling our engineering teams to improve their practices when keeping their services
- Working on regulatory demands (Integration with Central Bank);
- Contributing to defining and owning the DevOps and Infrastructure roadmap for the tribe
- Experiencing the challenge of supporting squads in different countries, and being responsible for enabling their work.
What you'll bring along
- Domain experience in setting up and running production system on cloud
- Domain experience with container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes).
- Experience in Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform/Ansible).
- Good knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery, Deployment practices (Rolling Updates/Canary/ A/B).
- Experience with setting-up scalable databases
- Experience of setting up, scaling and maintenance of distributed streaming platforms
- Experience of security best practice on cloud.
- Domain of setting-up monitoring stack (We are using Datadog, but intending to move to Grafana + Prometheus)
- Experience in AWS/GCP/Azure networking setups.
Why you should join SumUp
- The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of small businesses around the world
- Work on a high impact squad that is at the core of the Bank Tribe
- A dedicated annual Learning & Development budget for attending conferences and/or advancing your career through further education
- Enrollment onto our virtual stock ownership program - you will own a stake in SumUp’s future success
- A corporate pension scheme
- You'd enjoy other great benefits such as Urban Sports Club subsidy, Kita placement assistance, subsidized office lunches and other location-tailored benefits, Babbel language platform subscription and more
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
- Join a truly global SumUp team of 3200+ people from 80+ countries, spread across 4 continents
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!