Senior DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be working with the engineering team to monitor and improve our security, infrastructure, and performance.
You'll be responsible for:
- Elevating our DevOps standards through improved monitoring, tooling, and processes
- Planning and performing infrastructure improvements and maintenance
- Monitoring and improving website stability and response times
- Monitoring and improving email deliverability
- Participating in the on-call rotation
- Triaging, replicating, and fixing potential security issues
- Maintaining high CI build success rates and low CI build run times
Currently, our entire platform is built as a majestic Rails monolith, using Vue.js with Typescript on the front-end.
More details about our tech stack:
- Testing is done with RSpec & Capybara
- Continuous integration and deployment are done with CircleCI
- MySQL and PostgreSQL for our main databases
- ScyllaDB for our activity feeds
- Redis for session storage, queue management, and caching
- ElasticSearch for full-text search
- DevOps using Containers orchestrated with Kubernetes and Helm
- Service and performance monitoring is done with DataDog and NewRelic
We're looking for someone who has proven experience building and maintaining large production-level Ruby on Rails applications.
Ideally, you have experience:
- Working with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Redis
- Maintaining infrastructure with Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud
- Setting up and maintaining application and infrastructure monitoring
- Managing database performance
Additionally, since we're 100% remote, we:
- Highly value strong written communicators
- Require at least a few hours of overlap from 8-12 AM EST (2-6 PM CET)
FetLife is the largest kinky social network on this side of the Milky Way. We:
- Have over 10 million members and growing
- Grew 100% by word-of-mouth
- Serve over 1.5 billion requests a day
You can find our team and core valuesÂ here.
Pay & Benefits
We use a standardised salary calculator for each position to ensure we are competitive, fair, and consistent. For this specific role, the rate is between $115k - $170k USD / year. Rate is dependent on the level you are currently at.
Additionally, we offer:
- Paid time off:
- 2 weeks vacation
- 5 statutory holidays (e.g. Easter & Thanksgiving)
- 2 weeks during Christmas*
- 4-day workweeks during the summer months (July & August)*
- 1 retreat a year (e.g. the last one's were in Malaga, Miami, Vancouver, Tennessee, and Montreal)
- A yearly anniversary gift of your choosing (200$ USD for every year with us, e.g. 4th anniversary is $800)
- Reimbursed music subscription
- Fully paid maternal or parental leave
* Not guaranteed, but have happened every year
Note: We believe the traditional hiring process is broken, so we do things a bit differently. We first bring people as a part-time or full-time contractor so that we can get to know each other. If both sides enjoy working with each other, we make you an official offer.
Please mention the word **SKILLED** and tag RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4yMTA= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzUuMjAzLjI0NS4yMTA=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!