📍 Role based in France or Germany (open to full-remote)
Your mission in the team:
As a Senior Mobile Engineer and member of Luko’s App Experience squad, your main mission will be to build delightful mobile functionalities for our users, to allow them to clearly and simply manage their insurance contract and claim processes.
As a team, we aim to reach the highest quality for our codebase, ensuring a bug-free experience for our users and high code maintainability. Your secondary mission will be to support this continuous improvement, by following and improving the team’s best practices.
To do so, you will work hand in hand with the product manager, designer, engineering lead (your manager), and peer engineers toward achieving Luko’s objectives through the squad’s objectives. It’s expected that you align with, and help improve the data centric-approach we use to identify our - internal and external - users’ needs.
Some of your missions would be to :
- Manage core activities (coding, MR, code review, debugging designing, investigating, testing for quality and performance);
- Coach less experienced engineers and various stakeholders on the best ways to achieve the objectives;
- Collaborate with mobile and backend engineers to design and implement the most impactful features for our users;
- Collaborate with Designer, PM and stakeholders to drive our App roadmap forward and communicate development status clearly;
- Deliver (moderately) complex projects on time while following the team’s best practices;
- Balance pragmatism and perfectionism appropriately;
- Own and maintain robustness and reliability of parts of the codebase;
- Own the technical aspects of large features or parts of the code;
- Participates in scrum-like team rituals, and reflects on what works and what can be improved;
- Deal with ambiguity, organise your work and support peers.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- From 3+ years using React Native and 5+ years mobile app experience
- Previous Mobile App deployed in production with React Native
- Solid experience with React Native, TypeScript, Css-JS and Flexbox
- Experience working with State manager and JS tooling (react-query, Detox, Yarn)
- Advocate and strong practitioner of automated testing from unit to e2e
- Good experience with mobile continuous integration and monitoring tools
- Interest in back end and APIs
- Affinity for high delivery speed and quality
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Customer-centric mindset
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? If you're passionate about what we're building, please apply. You might be just who we're looking for.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team & Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Health Insurance
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- Unlimited days off
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
Do you have an active presence on GitHub? Have you done a home assignment using the technologies we need in the past 6 months?
You can share those with your application. This could save you time by removing some steps from the process. We will let you know.
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Alison, HRBP [30 min]
2. Hiring Manager interview with Théo, Engineering Lead [60 min]
3. Case study to prepare [max 3h] + debrief with the team [60 min]
4. Behavioural interview with Celestin, Engineering Manager [45 min]
Who are we?
Luko is a neo-insurer that has become the number one direct insurance company in France and Europe in 5 years with the fastest growth. Luko was born from a simple observation: 50% of French people distrust their insurer. In order to reverse this vision of insurance as a necessary evil, Luko's mission is to reinvent insurance so that it is finally simple, transparent and useful.
On the agenda: accessible, efficient and intuitive, with a caring team, based on a business model that re-aligns everyone's interests via the giveback.
B-Corp certified and with the highest rated customer service in its category, Luko has earned the trust of over 400,000 policyholders (in France and Germany). Since its beginning, Luko has been supported by EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest with whom we have raised €70 million in Series A and B, as well as the world's largest reinsurers Munich Re and Swiss Re.
Committed to equal employment opportunity, inclusion and diversity within our teams, Luko is looking for talent willing to join our 200+ Lukooms to shake up an entire industry.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
RemoteFR t'aide à trouver ton prochain job 100% remote : Crée ton profil