Lead Backend Engineer
WHAT WE DO AT MARKETPLACE DESIGN
As the place where all real estate actors gather (home seekers, owners, intermediaries, etc…), the marketplace’s primary success factor is to provide the highest standards in terms of safety, truthfulness, relevance, efficiency and quality of the interactions between each of these actors. Many factors have an impact on the quality of the marketplace experience, the most prevalent is the users quality, seriousness, and engagement of the marketplace themselves, and the content and information (sale / rent listings, buyers projects descriptions, agencies presentations …) they produce by the means of this use.
The Marketplace Design teams’ role is about designing and developing all curation, penalty/reward, gamification, rating, scoring, and matching mechanisms that ensure the engagement of our users is constantly pushed up, and the quality of our content is constantly improving. That’s what we call Marketplace Dynamics.
As all of these capabilities are heavily data-powered, the Marketplace Design teams are also responsible for Data Governance, Modelling, Quality and the Data Platform and key Data-sets management for all of AVIV. We call that Data Operations.
As the Lead Backend Engineer for Marketplace Dynamics, and working closely with the Product Managers and the Engineering Managers, you are responsible for the good development practices of your team, for the alignment with the company’s enterprise architecture, and to help the software engineers of your team to improve their technical and delivery skills.
As such, you create, adapt, and enhance the core capabilities of the marketplace (actor scoring, matching algorithms, classifieds quality, fraud & infringement detection, ...), and make them accessible across Aviv on all brands and all channels (web, mobile, email, ...), through APIs, libraries/SDKs, or event buses.
Here are some examples of projects that you will work on:
- Smart lead attribution and optimisation.
- Improvement of actors behaviours : response rate, response speed, engagement, …
- Classifieds recommendation engine.
- Classifieds smart sort order.
- Classifieds deduplication.
- Improvement of new classifieds alerts by avoiding wrong republication.
- Classified quality improvement (location, description, category, price, …).
- Fake classifieds detection and anti abuse mechanics.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO CAN:
- Be accountable for increasing the output of the team and the neighbouring teams it influences. You care about your team and the teams around you.
- Drive technical excellence inside the company, by applying shared gold standards and staying up to date on trends and technology evolution.
- Ensure close collaboration between product and tech. This starts with you and the product managers in your team.
- Focus themselves and the team on outcomes rather than activity. Avoid busy work by aggressively prioritising what your team is working on.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Act as a Software Craftsman, and understand the reasoning behind it.
- Share knowledge and be open to new ideas.
- Contribute to the entire design and development cycle of our components (analysis, architecture, development, deployment).
- Be responsible for the quality of the code delivered by its team.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the other engineers, and suggest areas for improvement.
- AWS (CloudFormation, Glue, EMR, ECS, Deequ, Athena, Wrangler)
- Apache (Spark, Parquet, Hudi)
- Jupyter, pandas
- Github, CircleCI, Datadog
- Python (main language), Java / Scala / TypeScript (secondary languages)
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- We are one of the leading PropTech platforms in Europe. If you’ve ever rented or purchased a property then you may have used one of our classified portals. This is a great time to join us to help elevate our AVIV brand.
- You'll experience a good work-life balance with flexible working hours, mobile working options and openness to sabbaticals.
- You have the autonomy to work in a style which suits you to be the most productive
- You are part of a great team with an exceptionally positive spirit that turns employee events into very special experiences.
- Job based in Berlin, Hamburg, Nuremberg, Paris or Brussels.
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!