Descriptif du poste
Are you looking to have an impact on the daily life of millions of entrepreneurs in France and Europe?
Do you thrive in a trustful, fast-paced environment?
Do you feel like our Product Principles are aligned with your Product vision ?
Then Pennylane might be the right place for you — and you, might be the perfect fit for this role 🙂
We aim to become the most beloved financial Operating System of European SMEs.
We help business owners get rid of the time consuming hassle of handling accounting and finance, while giving them access to key information that they can use to make better decisions.
Meanwhile, we’re helping accountants. By using Pennylane, rather than doing manual and repetitive tasks, they can spend more time advising and guiding their clients.
Pennylane is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in France (and soon to be in Europe!)
In 2 years of existence, we’ve managed to :
💻 Make ourselves known as a groundbreaking accounting and financial software for small businesses and their accountants
💰 Raise a total of €84 millions, including from Sequoia 🌲, the famous fund from the Silicon Valley who invested early in companies like Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Stripe, Paypal and much more…
👨👩👧👦 Grow from 7 cofounders to 300 happy Pennylaners (180 of them on the Product & Tech side) : we’re now recognized as one of the greatest places to work in France (but also remotely), with a 5/5 rating on Glassdoor and an e-NPS of 94.
🌍 Build an international environment with more than 33 nationalities, with a strong remote-friendly culture, where 35% of the employees are already working from all parts of Europe
🤝 Earn the trust of thousands of customers and accounting firms and obtain outstanding ratings
WHY this position is of utmost importance to reach our mission
While some companies count on marketing and sales to gain market share, we are a product-led company and are investing primarily in our platform. You’ll join a team with a highly strategic role and a great opportunity to put your skills and ideas to a good use.
Our goal is to turn the complex tasks of accounting and finance into something intuitive, effortless (and maybe even fun one day!) for all the small business owners who would rather focus on the day-to-day operations of their company. The Product Designers of Pennylane have thus a huge role to play in building such adequate interfaces.
HOW you will contribute to the company as a Product Designer
As a Product Designer, you will be joining the product design team to improve the financial management of our SME users while cracking productivity challenges for our accountant users. Your focus will revolve around UX and consistency.
The Product Design team is integrated into the product entity, alongside Product Managers. You will be an integral part of the Product Design team (currently 19 people), with whom you will collaborate on daily basis.
In order to build balanced duo for our squads, we’ve made sure that our Product Design ratio to a number of Product Managers is 1:1.
WHAT you can expect from your life at Pennylane
Within one month :
- You’ll learn everything about our company, our teams, and our vision during the first onboarding week
- You’ll familiarize yourself with the product and the accounting industry (You will have access to a lot of documentation and will assist to trainings organized by your peers)
- You’ll get a very deep knowledge of our Product and Design organization, methods, and culture
- You’ll get acquainted with the people will work for : the Design team, the PM and engineers of your squad, and of course, our users
Within 3 months
- You will lead discovery and user research sessions ; diving into data, user feedback and business goals to tailor great user interviews and learn the best from our users.
- You will ensure a continuous delivery on your scope of the product, hand-to-hand with your PM, with the right level of quality for the right purpose (low-to-high fi, prototypes) and in consistency with the design system.
- You will contribute to the team effort, nourishing the team with your experience, reviewing your peers and tackling transversal topics.
Within 6 months
- You will mentor juniors Product Designers
- You will participate in the recruitment of new team members
- You’ll remain on the look out for the best UX/UI practices, benchmarking the global tech ecosystem, aiming towards creating the best experience for Pennylane products.
And beyond : The Design team will go from 20 people today to more than 40 in two years.
Which means you’ll have :
- Multiple opportunities to recruit, mentor and manage new Designers
- Increased responsibilities in project leadership
- Responsibilities to think of and implement new processes, tools and best practices to make sure that your team works ever smoother
What we do to make your work life easier
🏢 You’ll be able to work remotely from anywhere in Europe, as long as your contract allows you to
📈 You’ll get company shares to enjoy a piece of the success story you’re building with us
🏡 You’ll have a budget to turn your home into a more comfortable workspace, as well as a monthly allowance to work from a coworking space whenever you feel like it
⛹️Through our partner Gymlib, you’ll have access to 8000 fitness spaces in Europe and more than 300 activities related to wellness
🇬🇧 You’ll have access to Busuu to perfect your english or your french
💻 You’ll get the latest Apple equipment
🎉 You’ll be part of a vibrant social community : we do lots of sports together (Foot, running, climbing…), we love to hang out and have a drink together (thursday afterwork drinks on our rooftop is a usual thing. Twice-a-year we do company seminars, last time we went on a trip to the French Alps and it was fabulous !)
And.. If you’re based in France :
🏢 You’ll be able to work fully from your home or any co-working space in France, or from our wonderful office in the center of Paris
🏝You’ll get 10 additional days off (to the 25 standard ones) to rest and do what you love each year
🍜 You’ll have lunch credits (Swile card) to buy your favorite food every day
🏥 You’ll have a great healthcare cover (Alan Blue) to take care of yourself and your family
We’re working on providing those last advantages to our people based outside of France as well, but it can be quite more complex depending on different countries.
What does the recruitment process look like ?
- You will first have a general chat with Nicolas, Talent Acquisition Manager (30 min)
- Assessment part I : You will lead a user research simulation with 2 product designers from the team (45 min)
- You will have one week to tailor a solution for the brief taken during the previous stage
- Assessment part II : You will present your solution and takeaways (45 min)
- You will have a discussion with two Product Managers from the team to assess the fit
We make sure we move fast ; you can expect the recruitment process with us to last between 15 and 25 days in total.
Poster une annonce 100% télétravail
Vous recrutez en télétravail?
Ciblez des milliers de travailleurs remote en postant sur le 1er site d'annonces full-remote en France!