Backend Software Engineer - FL
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build Owkin’s Federated Data Network for drug and diagnostics development. A number of product areas are being developed including:
- Substra, an open source application and framework for collaborative machine learning. This enhances the collaboration between data experts (e.g.,medical expert, data engineer) and data scientists across multiple datacenters. Substra makes it possible to train a machine learning model across multiple data centers storing highly sensitive data (federated learning). Learn more.
- The data catalog and data science environment is a hybrid cloud environment built that secures access to rich multi-modal data at scale to enable discovery and development of new treatments, internally and in collaboration with pharma partners. The platform combines federated networks and modern cloud-based scalable computation and data management for bioinformatics and machine learning.
- Collaboration tools support multi-disciplinary team-based machine learning, explainability and training of machine learning models
- Security certification and privacy by design build trust with data partners and patients
In particular, you will:
- be part of the Federated Learning squad and you will join a team of 7 composed of Software Engineers, ML Engineers, a Product Manager and a Team lead - This position involves close collaboration between the engineering teams and direct interaction with data scientists.
- directly contribute to the implementation of Substra, our open source federated learning software
- more globally, work on how to federate decentralised datasets
- navigate through the whole code lifecycle activities, ranging from design, implementation to support and ops tasks
- be tasked with technical design and implementation tasks
We are looking for someone experienced in working in autonomy on various topics. The team being distributed, a successful experience of remote work is appreciated, or evidence of strong communication skills.
Our current focus is to scale and support Substra in multiple production environments, ideally you’re not surprised when you hear about autoscaling, observability stack, stack trace or pod spawning.
Position is based in our Paris or Nantes offices or remotely (Europe/Paris timezone).
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer on a production environment
- High autonomy, adaptability, and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and meticulous about details
- Strong team spirit
- Proficient with either Python or Go and willingness to work with both
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Affinity for correct, scalable and secure software
- Proficiency in English
- Distributed computing knowledge
- Good understanding of observability tools and concepts
- Experience with Django (or with other Python/Go web frameworks)
- Infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with GCP or AWS
- Experience with distributed teams
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- Notify Owkin's recruitment unit at this address firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact the following authorities:
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!