Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
As VP of Product you have the opportunity to lead the vision, strategy, design and delivery of the platform powering Owkin’s Federated Data Network (FDN). You will be the architect of a novel collaboration framework where medical data managers and data scientists from different institutions can perform data science in a scalable, secure and privacy preserving way. Starting from a pre product/market fit situation, you would have an opportunity to bring product innovations in data ingestion, federated learning, multi-modal data management and advanced analytics to scalable implementations inside partner hospitals and pharma networks. In our B2B context, you will have a particular attention to aligning individual user, customer and internal stakeholder interests in order to deliver value to Owkin.
Together with Owkin’s VP of Engineering, you will have to organize and manage software squads working with an agile methodology. In particular, you will directly manage a talented team of ~10 product managers, designers and strategists. As a member of the FDN leadership team, you will also have the opportunity to influence the overall strategy of the FDN and consequently the entire company. You will report to the Chief Data and Platform Officer leading the FDN.
You are a skilled leader who leverages modern product methodologies to influence and impact discoveries of novel treatments and clinical decision support systems. You are passionate about mentoring and developing talent and for fostering an environment of trust and respect while striving to achieve Owkin’s mission to beat cancer and other deadly diseases. You are excited to help Owkin teams transition to a product driven mindset.
This role requires 10-15% travel within Europe and in-frequent travel to USA (2-3 times a year max). Our offices are in Paris, London and Nantes, but we are also remote-friendly if you live in Europe (with frequent travel to Paris and Nantes).
In particular, you will:
- Product strategy and discovery
- Drive and grow the team user research, user interviews and all interactions with product users so as to guarantee constant feedback and user-driven decisions.
- Work with internal stakeholders (data science, medical, partnerships, operations, product and engineering) to establish a global roadmap, across the product portfolio.
- Clearly articulate and communicate product strategy and roadmaps internally and externally
- Product delivery
- Drive user/customer growth by delivering a relevant and powerful product.
- Contribute to software squads organization, scoping and coordinating their activities to reach a good level of autonomy and efficiency.
- Monitor and share status of product delivery, for instance by organizing regular product reviews / demos across the companies.
- Arbitrate trade-offs brought up by the product team.
- Be the product representative and leader in all discussions with the Owkin executive team.
- Manage directly and grow the product and UX/UI design team.
- Mentor talented individuals in your team to maximize their impact.
- Establish and manage relationships with external vendors and service providers complementing internal resources
Required qualifications / experience:
- Strong professional experience in product at agile, fast-paced, product-led tech companies, in particular for data intensive applications.
- Strong professional experience managing product teams.
- Comprehensive experience across the B2B product spectrum: from pre-product/market fit to scalability issues.
- Proven product strategy/discovery skills, with a record of driving business outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, communication, and ownership.
- Ability to understand and navigate with deeply technical and Data Science oriented products
- Experience in healthcare, biotechs and/or medtechs; or in highly regulated technology.
- First hand experience designing data intensive and machine learning systems
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning and modern web architecture, in particular federated learning and/or data harmonization.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- Notify Owkin's recruitment unit at this address firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact the following authorities:
5 autres jobs qui pourrait t'intéresser:
- 🌐 Field Network Engineer
- 🌐 Content & Social Media Manager Roblox
- 🌐 Voltage General Manager Web3
- 🌐 Digital Marketing Manager
- 🌐 Customer Success Manager
RemoteFR t'aide à trouver ton prochain job 100% remote : Crée ton profil