Chief Open Source Officer
Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network thatâs fast, environmentally sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world.
Hedera is governed by a diverse group of world-leading institutions distributed across six continents, representing multiple industries, including technology, banking, financial services, web3, education, legal services, gaming, aerospace, and manufacturing. The vision for the Hedera network is to support a trusted, empowered, and decentralized digital future for everyone; cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information. Hedera brings together some of the best minds in the industry.
We are proud of our high-quality culture and dedicated to values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork. We are looking for hard-working, talented, and collegial people to help achieve this vision. Join us and say, "Hello future."
About the Chief Open Source Officer role
Hedera is looking for a Chief Open Source Officer (COSO) to develop, implement and lead the Hedera Councilâs open source strategy. The COSO will be responsible for creating a vibrant, inclusive and growing open source community of contributors to the core hashgraph platform, the Hedera services built on top of hashgraph, and related open source technologies. Success in this role includes fostering a culture of innovation involving industry, academia and individual contributors and identifying the most impactful open source strategies and methods for Hedera to grow its leadership in the emerging Web3 industry.
Open source is strategic to Hedera, and the open source leader will be empowered to lead Hederaâs investment and engagement in projects and communities that represent Hederaâs future. The open source leader will find their role as a part of Hederaâs executive team, collaborating directly with the Hedera Council member companies, and directly influencing how open source shapes Hedera, the underlying hashgraph innovation, and by extension, the future of DLT itself.
- Develop and implement Hederaâs open source strategy, craft product strategy and align open source roadmap.
- Build strategic and tactical consensus for multiple open source initiatives across Hedera leadership, Council members, partners, and developer teams.
- Increase the impact of Hederaâs contribution to all relevant open source projects.
- Provide key open source influence and executive leadership both within Hedera and across related open source communities
- Act as a key public representative of Hedera and the hashgraph project within and across relevant open source and DLT communities, including conference speaking, press interviews, involvement in industry wide initiatives.
- Develop and implement successful diversity and inclusion community development activities.
- Develop budgets and staffing plans for the successful execution of the open source strategy.
- Develop applicable and readily measurable OKRs, metrics and KPIs.
- 8+ years of open source background
- Developed and successfully implemented two distinct open source strategies across an entire organization, startup, or major line of business.
- 6+ years of consistently contributing to the open source community.
- Previous role as open source community manager.
- 5+ years of management and leadership experience.
- 3+ years in growing roles at a technology startup.
- 3+ years of marketing or product development related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Presented at multiple industry conferences on open source-related topics.
- A recognized industry and/or domain expert.
- Familiar with open source governance and compliance practices.
- Understanding of web 3.0 technologies.
- Undergraduate in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- Remote, willing to travel as needed.
Please mention the word **SUPERIORITY** and tag RNTEuMTc4Ljg0LjY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTEuMTc4Ljg0LjY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
Trouve un emploi 100% en télétravail
En t'inscrivant à RemoteFR tu reçois des offres d'emploi 100% remote toutes les semaines dans ta boîte mail. Plus besoin de passer des heures à chercher sur les sites d'annonces, je le fais pour toi!